Practical information

Building & Equipment



  • Wooded park of 2.5 hectares
  • 150 free parking places
  • Maximum reception capacity: 250 students
  •  24 classrooms (8 to 18-seat), all equipped with flat screen TV or projector
  •  4 computer rooms (8 to 15-seat)
  •  a 80-seat conference room
  • free Wi-Fi within all parts of the school
  •  a resource center open Monday to Friday (8:15am – 6:00pm)
  • a 125-seat self-service restaurant
  • wheelchair access

A common recreation room with:

  • 1 hot drink dispenser,
  • 1 snacks & cold drinks dispenser,
  • 1 cold water fountain,
  • tables & chairs

How to get to Brest: plane-train-boat

Getting Around in Brittany

Many train, coach and bus links exist between towns, allowing you to travel around Brittany as you please:

Getting to CIEL Bretagne

The company Bibus offers various bus and tram lines to enable you to get around Brest and the surrounding towns. The school is reached by the bus lines N° 18 Bus stop Le Passage and N° 17, bus stop Cormorans.

Insurance cover necessary when you come to study in france

You should make sure you have medical insurance and liability insurance before you come to France.

Medical insurance

  • Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland can benefit from social security cover.  They should obtain a European health insurance card.  A repatriation insurance is also highly recommended.
  • Students from countries other than those mentioned above should take out private health and repatriation insurance cover. The necessary formalities for private health cover can be  carried out in the country of origin or on arrival in France.

Liability Insurance

You should have liability insurance which will cover you for all injury or damage to a third party while you are in France.  This type of insurance is often included in health and repatriation insurance contracts.

Young people Under the age of 18

Students under the age of 18 must provide written permission to go out unaccompanied and authorisation for admission to hospital signed by the parents before their stay.

Autorisation for admission to hospital

In the case of a medical emergency, admission of under 18s to a French hospital requires the permission of the parents or legal representatives . The student should provide the host family  with signed authorisation for admission to hospital and a copy of the parents’ passports .

Permission to go out unaccompanied

A student under the age of 18 will be allowed out on the condition that they provide the host family with written permission from their parents or legal representatives.

Visas to come to France, do I need a visa ?

Non-European nationals who intend coming to France to learn French must apply for a visa before leaving.  There exist several types of visa depending on the length of the stay and the purpose of the visit.

– Short stay visa, « visa Schengen » : a stay of less than or equal to  90 days (3 months). The short stay visa permits residence in France and in any of the other countries covered by the Schengen agreement

– Long stay visa : a stay of more than  90 days. This visa is necessary if you intend to study French for more than 3 months.

We strongly advise you begin your application procedure at least two months before your departure date and that you contact  the visa service of the French consulate in your country of residence.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email