Language Learning Trips for school or university groups, French language Teachers or trainee teachers
Thanks to the attachment of the Department of French as a Foreign Language of Ciel Bretagne to the EMBA (Management School of Bretagne Atlantique), institution of Higher Education of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Quimper, some of our courses will allow your students to obtain credits ECTS from January 2020.
The courses granting ECTS credits are as follows:
Summer Monthly course– 4-week intensive course: 4 ECTS
Summer Monthly course « Plus » – 4-week intensive course+Oral communication workshop: 5 ECTS
Quaterly course – 13-week intensive course: 13 ECTS
Semester course – 24-week intensive course: 20 ECTS
ECTS credits are subject to attendance (mandatory) and assessments results.
Some language courses for established groups (Junior or Adult groups) can also lead to obtaining ECTS credits, contact us for more information.
Erasmus +: OID code E10047279
If you are a national of the European Union and you come with your class, you may have part of your internship funded by a grant from the European Commission: Erasmus +
If you are a French teacher, Headmaster or mistress, Head of a French department , attaché for linguistic or scientific cooperation or a travel agent, and you wish to organise a language holiday in France for a group. The Ciel Bretagne offers a choice of 3 combinations which will allow the participants to study French in immersion, in a warm, friendly atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
1. Intensive closed-group course + cultural or sports activities + excursions*
- Available all year
- Participants : from 14 years and over
- Duration: minimum one week
- Hours of class: from 15 hours/week
- Levels: complete beginner – advanced
- Group size: minimum 5 participants. We advise you not to go over 12 participants par class, (maximum 15) to guarantee a quality learning environment and individual attention.
- Timetable: classes Monday to Friday with workshops, excursions or visits in the afternoon during the week or at the weekend.
- Choice of class content: general French, exam preparation (DELF, DALF, TCF, DFP, A-Level, IB etc), speciality French (business, tourism, science, medecine, international relations etc.), preparation for higher education in France (IUT, engineering schools, preparatory classes for the top-ranking higher education establishments (grandes écoles), universities etc.), teacher training for teachers and future teachers of French as a foreign language.
- Activities: workshops/ visits / excursions in the afternoon during the week or at the weekend
2. Intensive course in an international group in the morning (20 hours/week) + cultural or sports activities*
- Available all year (except during the Christmas holidays)
- Participants : from 16 years and over
- Duration: minimum one week
- Hours of class: 20 hours /week
- Level: A1 – B2 (check specific starting dates for beginners, levels C1 and C2 during summer)
- Group size: maximum 12 students per class, placement of your students into the different groups by level
- Timetable : Monday – Friday 9.00 – 13.00
- Programme for the intensive course: written and oral communication, grammar, syntax, vocabulary, phonetics,spelling, French daily life
- Activites : workshops / visits / excursions in the afternoon during the week or at the weekend
3. Intensive course in an international group in the morning (20 hours/week) + closed-group course in the afternoon (6, 8, 10 hours /week) + cultural or sports activities *
If you wish your group to have the benefits of a course in an international group and you have specific requirements then this solution is the right one for you. Your group would progress in the 4 CEFRL skills in the intensive group in the morning and do exam preparation, specialised French etc. in the afternoon.
No matter which course you choose, at the end of your stay you will receive, a report containing:
- the presence of the participants,
- the appreciations of the teachers for each participant,
- the class content and material used,
- marks for tests and/or participation.
Cultural or sports activities / visits and excursions*
As a complement to the classes and to help make the course unforgettable, you can add cultural workshops, sports activities, visits and excursions to your programme.
- Fun games and activities on the theme of Brittany and Breton culture
- Breton music and dance
- French songs and music
- Sports activities (sand-yatching, sailing, sea kayaking, archery, horse riding , tree trekking, climbing etc.)
- Day or half-day excursions (exceptional natural sites, lighthouses and islands of Brittany, historic towns, museums, castles etc.)
- Visits to schools to meet French pupils (outwith the school holiday periods)
- Visits to companies