For more than 20 years, CIEL Bretagne has welcomed
students on long visits following a French language course before continuing their studies in French universities or Ecoles Supérieures (colleges).
This workshop provides you with the optimal foundations for a French university course and will help you acquire an excellent approach contributing to your success in higher education. Using
academic tools and work techniques will familiarize you with useful and effective
- Preparation workshop for higher education
Organization: 66 afternoon lessons spread over 6 weeks
Dates: Please, see
our course calendar here
TCF and TCF-DAP preparation
Public: any person wishing to study in a university, Ecole Supérieure (art, business, architecture, etc.), or school of engineering in France.
Level: from level B1
Programme (syllabus adjusted according to the needs and requests of the participants from the components below):
- Improvement of language skills: general French refresher course
- Written methodology: writing a synopsis, a report, a summary, an investigation report, etc.
- Oral methodology: note-taking techniques, speaking in public and making presentations, discussions, simulations, role playing, oral comprehension
- Research and dissertation methodology
- Civilization: familiarization with the French educational system and student life, refreshing knowledge concerning daily civilization.
- Video documents: television news, culture and civilization programmes, documentaries, and interviews.
- Audio documents: Interviews, radio programmes, news, etc.
- Lexical works, grammar, French civilization in daily life.
- Press articles selected according to the participant’s field of study (arts, literature, economics, management, science and technology, etc.)
Working independently:In addition to the course work, the participants can work individually at the resource centre where they have:
- A number of works on general French, specialized French, grammar, vocabulary, phonetics, spelling, writing techniques, civilization, learning methods as well as French magazines, bilingual dictionaries, etc.
- Audio and video resources which they can borrow from the course managers.
- Free access to 2 computer areas with free WI-FI for participant who come with their laptops.
You are a student or young engineer with an academic background in engineering sciences, with a minimum level equivalent to that of a Bachelor's degree in your country (BTech, BEng, BSc, BPhil, Licienciatura, Bachelor, etc.), this course is made for you.
“The ”n+i“ Network is a consortium of 70 Grandes Ecoles (prestigious schools) in Engineering in France, which have chosen to pool their international cooperation actions.
The “n+i” Network, a non-profit making association (Act dated 1901) considered to be of general interest, has created a full course (called “successful course”) to help science and engineering students finish their training in France through a Masters, and then possible a Doctorate. The aim is to train future engineers with an international vocation.”
All the information can be found on
- Linguistic integration pack (LIP)
Aim of the course:
- Acquisition of the basic language skills required to communicate daily in the French language.
- Acquisition of the tools required for communication in a university environment.
- Consciousness raising of the intercultural dimension in student circles and in daily life.
- Familiarization with French culture and civilization (excursions, gastronomic discoveries, tour of the region and its main tourist sites).
Organization of the course:
- Closed group intensive courses in the morning.
- Tutoring in the afternoon to examine in-depth the notions covered in class in the morning
- Diagnostic, formative and summative assessment (one test per week)
- Daily homework
- Half-day and full day cultural activities
- Accommodation with a host family to optimize language and cultural learning
- Textbooks, duplicated lecture notes.
- Specialized works (grammar, vocabularies, spelling, phonetics, civilization, etc.)
- Authentic documents
- Audio/video and Internet resources.